Tuesday, February 7, 2012

campus man

This afternoon I'll be taking part in a neurology workshop at the UMN med school. First-year students will practice taking my medical history, then ask me basic diagnostic questions. My wheelchair is a pretty big clue to my condition, and I don't want to make it too easy for them, so here are a few things I'll say to throw them off.

  • "It really hurts when I pee."

  • "My sinuses sting — I think the fumes from my meth lab are getting to me."

  • "Can you write me a prescription for ketamine? I'm going to a rave this weekend."

  • "Are you familiar with Excitotoxicity? It's my favorite Def Leppard album."

  • "I'm in a wheel chair because of a freak mosh pit accident at a Neil Diamond concert."

The last time I did something like this, I had fun. Hopefully today will bring a few laughs.

I love keeping med students on their toes.

3 comments:

Joha said...

You rock!

Christie Koester said...

I want a detailed summary! This sounds great!!!

binboy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.