Thursday, October 23, 2008

bring the noise

I just ordered a fancy electronic drum kit. RAWK! I can't wait for that sucker to arrive. I'm going to keep my arms from getting too weak & lay down some funky ass beats at the same time. I may also lay down some dope beats & heavy beats. Possibly even a break beat will make a guest appearance once I figure out 5/4 time.

I used to play guitar & harmonica at the same time, so I'll have to learn simultaneous harmonica & drums. I'm sure it's possible.

In other news, I've heard from 2 more dudes with Monomelic Amyotrophy this week (what's up Ian & Tony!) Which brings the total number of MMA cases I've heard of to eight. I even have a follower of this blog now, so I feel motivated to be funny... or at least spell check this thing.

I created a Facebook group called "People with Monomelic Amyotrophy (MMA)" which thus far only has two members. If you have MMA, quit reading this blog and get your gimpy ass on Facebook. We'll upload photos & share stories and figure out what our similarities are. Lord knows the medical & pharmaceutical industries aren't going to help us out. There just isn't enough money to be made from 8 guys who have trouble tying shoes & opening jars.

No comments: