Monday, June 30, 2008

hitting the hills

Tonight is hill workout number 2 of 4 I want to get in before the Lifetime Fitness Triathlon. Hopefully I'll see the results in my run split in 2 weeks.

This is the first time in a long time that I've done speedwork. I've gotta say... it sucks. For a guy that loves racing, I hate going fast.

Going fast is OK, it's the aiming for a certain pace or heart rate that drives me nuts. It kind of sucks the fun out of it for me. Most of the triathletes I know can't get enough training data. They've got Powertap wheels & GPS/heart rate combo meters & they know their lactate threshhold & max heart rate...

I know my tires have 120 psi in them & the start/split & stop/reset buttons on my watch stick, so I try not to press them once I get it going. I also know running up a long hill makes my lungs & legs hurt, so it's probably good for me.

No comments: