Friday, February 6, 2009

train(ing) tracks

This Saturday is the Spin for ALS, presented by the GW Tri Club, at SCS Multisport. Its a spin as long as you want thing that raises money for the ALS association. My motor neuron disease is basically a stones throw from ALS, so I'll be attending and donating to the cause. I'll also be wearing my Luther bike jersey in memory of Nick.

I'm guessing they'll have a Spinervals dvd or some tunes on during the spin. In an attempt to make your Friday rock a little harder (or possibly scare the hell out of you) here are my top 5 favorite songs to blast when I'm on the bike trainer.

Mastodon - "Where Strides the Behemoth"
The last 30 seconds of this song are so heavy, you can't not sprint. *Bonus! On the video below, they go straight in to "Mother Puncher" which is in my top 10 training tunes.


Mastodon - "Crystal Skull"
This song kinda scares me, which is great when I'm trying to ride faster.


The Hives - "Hate to Say I Told You So"
Swedes in suits rocking out. What's not to like?


Electric Six - "Gay Bar"
This tune is fast as hell and always makes me crack a smile.


Mastodon - "The Wolf is Loose"
The first time I heard this song, it made me want to outrun something. That's a good feeling to have when riding a stationary bike in a basement.


And just you don't think I'm crazy, here's what I listen to at work or in the car.

1 comment:

Anna said...

i'm damn proud to be your sister.